Badoo is an online dating platform that was founded by Russian entrepreneur Andrey Andreev in . With offices in Moscow, London, the United States and Malta, it is available in 190 countries and is available in 47 languages.
Badoo is a free app where members get to enjoy key features without paying for a subscription. The membership base of the app has continuously grown over the years up to over 350 million people worldwide.
This is one factor contributing to Badoo being ranked as one of the top dating apps globally. The app is available on the website and also for download on Google Play or App Store for Android and iOS.
The sign-up process for Badoo is pretty simple. You can choose to register either via your Facebook account or by answering a number of questions which require you to fill out your basic information such as gender, age, first name, location, email or phone number and a password. You also need to select a reason for joining the site and the sexual orientation of people you are looking to meet.
The nest step requires you to upload your profile pictures. However, if you registered using your Facebook account, Badoo will import some of your most recent photos. You can change these pictures and upload some from your phone gallery or even take one from the in-app camera.
On the app, you have to set up geolocation as this makes it easier for Badoo to get you matches that are nearby. You are required to also complete the “About Me” section which gives more information about your personality, background, and interests. This is what other users will read so make it is catchy and interesting.
How does it work?
The site is very visually focused and your chances of meeting a match depend on how good your profile pictures look. The app is divided into sections that show: encounters, people nearby, chat and profile. Badoo displays pictures of the users for you to choose whether you “like” them or not.
You can search users on the “Search” tab or choose to browse through all the profiles in the “encounters” section which uses a swipe function. To view a person, just tap their image which will show you their short bio, location, verification details, and more photos if available.
- You can conveniently take photos and videos within the app using the in-app camera without having to necessarily upload some from your phone.
- When uploading the photos, you can create private photos, albums, and videos in addition to the ones that will be displayed in public.
- If you want to verify your profile, you can do so by uploading at least one photo and connecting to a social media network such as Facebook. Additionally, you can also verify through a phone number.
- You can also connect with users outside of the site using the social media networks that have been connected to their profiles.
- If you like someone, you can favorite them and chat with them later.
- Under your Badoo profile, you can monitor your credit balances, buy Superpowers or even change your privacy settings very easily.
- On the “Visitors” section on the app, you can see other users who visited your profile. This is an opportunity to send them a message if you like them. This is the best way to meet a friend or date.
- The profiles are poorly detailed and you cannot provide diverse info on topics such as religion or politics until you start chatting with another user.
Most of the key features on Badoo are free. You can register, create a new profile and browse without being required to upgrade.